Welcome to the Glow community!
We offer different yoga classes 7 days a week and are committed to creating a friendly, safe and peaceful space at all of our locations.
We have 2 locations and 4 studios:
Location 1: 4535 Coronation Road, Whitby
• Loft Studio at the bottom of the hill (follow the signs)
• Kokoro Studio at the top of the property across from the parking area
• Breathe Studio at the bottom of the hill, our outdoor studio open only in the warmer months
Location 2: 1110 Brock Street South, Whitby
• Upper and Lower Studio in the same building, parking is in the back, entrance is the side door
Here are some tips for you to begin your journey here at Glow:
Arrival and Check-in:
• Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your first class to sign-in at the front desk and to fill out a waiver before your first class. This can be completed in the studio. Please do not arrive earlier than 25 min before class starts.
• We suggest starting with a beginners class such as:
Fundamentals on Monday evenings
Yoga Beginners Class on Thursday evenings
Absolute Beginners Class on Saturday mornings
• If you register on the MINDBODY website or mobile app please note your class cannot be cancelled up to 30 minutes before the class starts. You can sign up for an account before coming to the studio for the first time, or sign up when you come before class – whatever is easier for you!
• Once you have signed your waiver and checked in, we will give you a tour so you can familiarize yourself with the space and take the time to set up for your first class.
• Introduce yourself to the teacher! We love meeting new students so don’t be afraid to ask us anything so we can support you and answer your questions.
• Place your mat anywhere in the room you feel comfortable. If you are not sure which direction the front of the room is, just ask your neighbour – we are all about creating connection so conversation is allowed before and after all Glow classes.
• At Glow we’re committed to beginning and ending classes on time. Studio doors close precisely at class start time and the main doors are locked. Late entry is not permitted. Our policy honours integrity, safety and maintains peace in the studio.
What to bring:
• Please bring your own mat, water bottle and towel.
• We have blocks, straps, bolsters and blankets available for you to use for free.
• Please bring a water bottle filled with water, and we also have a water filling station at Brock Street and bottles for purchase at Coronation. It is very important to stay hydrated.
• Change rooms are available for you to use with storage for your items. Please keep any valuables in your car as we do not have lockers.
• Please wear comfortable clothing and come prepared to move and perhaps sweat.
Medical Conditions and/or injuries:
• In all classes, especially in the beginning, we stress that new students listen to their body. You can always take child’s pose in any class and the more you practice, the more you become familiar with yoga!
• Please let us know of any medical conditions or injuries that you might have prior to classes so that we can support your practice and ensure an injury-free, safe experience.
• We suggest starting with our Introduction unlimited month of $30. You can sign up for Fundamentals on Monday evenings, Yoga Beginners Class on Thursday evenings to start, and trying out some Restorative and Yin classes to find your favourite style!
Have more questions? Please email us and ask us anything, we are here to help!